Since I’m low on time to do any in depth blog posts, it was really great timing to be tagged to do the Would You Rather tag! Thank you so much Hannah (Hannah’s Bookshelf) for tagging me in this fun tag! If you aren’t following her already, I highly suggest that you do!
Answer the questions given to you by your nominator.
Make up your own questions and tag others.
Would you rather go to Hogwarts or Narnia?
Hmmmm…I think I will go with Narnia, but only because I feel like it would be fun to explore as I’m not as familiar with Narnia as I am with Hogwarts, and unpopular opinion, but I don’t have the attachment to Harry Potter and Hogwarts as most people do!
Would you rather be an author or a publisher?
I think I would rather be a publisher, I’ve always been a more ‘behind the scenes’ kind of person! Plus, I think it would be a lot of fun helping others get their books published.
Would you rather have your favorite book turned into a movie or a TV show? Also, what is your favorite book?!
This is one that I think could go either way depending on the book, but generally I think I would prefer a TV show! One of my favorite books has already been turned into a TV show, Game of Thrones. Other than that, I would love to see Throne of Glass as a TV show because it would be so great!
Would you rather dog-ear your pages or never be able to mark your page?
I think I would rather dog ear my page. I used to be really strict with how I handled my books, but I’ve kind of changed my mind on this lately. I’m not trying to keep my books in pristine condition, if something happens it happens. Plus, I love when books look well loved!
Would you rather be a character in Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter? (What kind of character would you be?)
Lord of the Rings, hands down! I would like to think that I would be a badass elf, but in all honesty I would probably be a regular old human, and one that gets killed off almost immediately at that!
Would you only be able to read one book forever or to never read the same book twice?
This is a tough one! I think I would rather never read the same book twice, but only because I find it so hard even now to go back and reread my favorites! Maybe I should add that to my goals list for 2020?
Would you rather lend a book to someone who dog-ears pages or stains the pages?
I would much rather lend it to someone who dog-ears pages! Don’t get me wrong, I’ve stained a few pages in my day but only of books that I own and always accidentally. I would hope that if I’m lending a book to someone, they would take care to not spill anything on it. Dog-earing is better as you can flatten the page again anyway.
Would you rather have dinner with your favorite character or your favorite author? Who would it be?
This is a tough one, because I don’t think I can choose any one author or any particular character. Plus I’m so awkward and anxious that I would make a complete fool of myself! But if I really need to choose I would rather choose a character, and I the first one that pops into my head is Aelin from Throne of Glass, just because.
Would you rather read a book that ends with a huge cliffhanger or read one where your favorite character dies?
I mean, I’ve read plenty of books where my favorite characters die, and it definitely gives a sense that no one is safe which I enjoy so I think I’m going to choose to read a book where my favorite character dies!
Would you rather live in a library or a bookshop?
Definitely a library! Not only would you get backlist titles, but if you were at a larger library I’m sure that you would get a bunch of great new releases as well. Plus, it would be much quieter!
- Would you rather only read ARCs, or only read backlist titles?
- Would you rather own all the books you read, or only loan books from the library?
- Would you rather lose your place in your book every time you put it down, or get a papercut every time you read?
- Would you rather only read in the dark or read books with tiny text?
- Would you rather drop your favorite book in the toilet, or throw it into a woodchipper?
- Would you rather read only the first page of a book or only the last page of a book?
- Would you rather read a book that ends in a cliffhanger, or a book that ends with heartbreak?
- Would you rather read a manuscript from your favorite author and have to tell them it was awful, or read 50 Shades of Gray out loud in public?
- Would you rather never be allowed in a bookstore again or never be allowed in a library again?
- Would you rather read only one genre for the rest of your life, or never repeat the same genre after reading it once?